lunes, 5 de mayo de 2008

And I went to see "Iron Man"

Last Friday, I got into a discussion with my wife about paying my mom's rent and me arguing with her that it may be just my problem, but when she uses our money for her family I am never in opposition for it, even if it's "her problem" and not mine. She wanted me to make her a desk, using some wood doors we discarded, and I got myself into that chore, not really wanting to deal with her anymore. After doing some other stuff, I went to bed around 2:00 pm (did I mention I work the graveyard shift? I do so in order to take care of my kids). I finally woke up around 6.00 am and went to work with my father in law. You see, my wife had been working with one of her brothers in an industrial cleaning bussiness, but they had a very bad discussion (as ussual) and she resigned, deciding to continue on her own. Problem is, she doesn't have any workers, so she decided to have another one of her brothers, a cocaine addicted moron, who happens to make a lot of money, do the dirty work for her. In the meantime, I decided to go to work with my daddy-in-law in order to get the knack of the bussiness.

Lucky me, I was late and the workers had already left. I stayed with my mother in law for most of the morning, leaving just to have lunch or to try and get some of the morons who owe my wife money to pay me. They never do and some even react as if offended by me. She arrived in the afternoon with the kids and we wen to see the new "Iron Man" movie. That was a ride, the movie is fun, Robert Downey Jr. is excellent and it's probably the only superhero movie I had seen that did not leave wanting. I really think it's better than the Spiderman or X-men movies. More realistic and grounded. I love it and recommend it. And here's the trailer, just in case you don't know what I am talking about:



And, least we forget, here's Black Sabbath playing what's probably one of the best songs ever created. I am pretty certain you already know the title.



And that movie was also something very important: It made my day, my kids loved it and even my wife enjoyed it. It was a good day.

No hay comentarios: